November 15, 2016
Please study these procedures, review them with your family, and adhere to them precisely to minimize the risk of accidents.
Download and print as a PDF
- At 7:15 a.m. the Parking Lot Monitor (Mr. Morgan) will walk out to the parking lot signaling the start of student arrival.
- Students arrive between 7:15 a.m. and 7:45 a.m.
- Parents/Drivers pull into the parking lot using the two entrance ways nearest Lebanon Pike (keeping the fire lane open).
- Maintain two driving lanes all the way down to Mr. Morgan.
- Come to a full and complete stop at the designated area near Mr. Morgan.
- After you come to a full and complete stop, I suggest, you instruct your child (ren) - especially younger ones - to exit the vehicle on the passenger side nearest the school building. This will reduce the amount of time walking in front of vehicles.
- After the child (ren) exit (s) the vehicle, students will walk to Mr. Morgan (unless the child (ren) are in the driving lane nearest the school building and exit the vehicle on the passenger side - then simply proceed to the school entrance).
- When vehicles have come to a full and complete stop near Mr. Morgan, and it is safe, he will signal the students to cross the driving and drop-off lanes to enter the school building.
- SAFETY FIRST!
- At no time should a child (ren) be unaccompanied in the parking lot between Graylynn Drive and Mr. Morgan.
- If it is absolutely necessary to park your vehicle, please escort your child (ren) across the parking lot to either Mr. Morgan or the school building door.
- Please do not text and drive, this is an unnecessary risk. There are many children walking in the parking lot in the morning and all adults must be attentive to them.
- If a parent needs to enter the building after 7:15 a.m., (s) he must sign in at the Main Office.
- Students who arrive earlier than 7:15 a.m. should be registered for ESCAPE (the extended care program) and will be charged early arrival fees. This program begins at 6:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. The Academy is not responsible for students arriving before 6:30 a.m. and parents may not leave their child (ren) unattended before ESCAPE begins.
Thank you all for your help and cooperation in providing a safe and efficient drop-off in the morning.